Everything You Need to Know About Ascension Parish
Are you thinking of moving to Ascension Parish? If you are, here are a few things you need to know. We’ve put together a list of places to eat, places to shop, local parks, and where to have some fun. Ascension Parish is located in southeast Louisiana – south of Baton Rouge and northwest of New Orleans. Ascension is the perfect distance between the two cities. Ascension serves as a happy medium for those who want access to the city, but don’t want to be in the hustle of it all.
Restaurants in Ascension Parish:
Whether you’re looking for a place to have a burger or a place to spend the night eating seafood, there are lots of places to choose from! Because Ascension is located in the heart of Sportsman’s Paradise there is never a shortage of seafood. However, their menu’s feature a variety of options for everyone. If you’re in the mood for Italian, The Little Village is the place to go… save your sweet tooth for The Grape Vine, their bread pudding is like no other.
- The Cabin
- Sno’s Seafood
- On the Half Shell
- Mike Anderson’s
- The Grape Vine
- The Little Village
Schools in Ascension Parish:
In an article titled, “2019 Best School Districts in Louisiana” published by Niche, Ascension Parish schools were ranked as the 4th best among all parishes in Louisiana. Ascension Parish also ranked 2nd for best teachers across all 64 parishes. There are 27 schools in Ascension Parish which house approximately 20,000 students. Below you’ll find a feeder chart showing which schools feed into each other at transition periods. In addition, there are maps of boundary lines for each school district.
- Feeder Chart
- Dutchtown High Boundary Lines
- East Ascension Boundary Lines
- St. Amant Boundary Lines
- Donaldsonville Boundary Lines
* All charts and information gathered from Ascension Public Schools website.
Parks in Ascension Parish:
Things to do in Ascension Parish:
As previously mentioned, Ascension Parish is located in the heart of Louisiana. Within 45 minutes you can stroll through the French Quarter or bike through downtown Baton Rouge. However, there are ample things to do in Ascension Parish if you aren’t looking to go into the city.
- Historic Donaldsonville
- Donaldsonville sits in the southern most point of Ascension Parish. It’s located along the Mississippi river and is home to roughly 8,000 people.
- Malco Cinema and Premier Lanes
- If you’re up for a movie and don’t feel like dealing with the busy theaters in Baton Rouge, Malco offers the perfect solution. Located in Gonzales, Malco Cinema and Premier Lanes are a one-stop evening event. The theater and bowling alley are located in the same shopping center and provide easy access to the perfect date night or family outing.
- The Cajun Village
- The Cajun Village is located right off of Interstate 10 in Sorrento, Louisiana. The Village offers shopping, dining, and Louisiana history. The Cajun Village is a fun way to see what Louisiana used to look like. The swampy atmosphere gives tourist and locals alike a feel for the unique and rich history Louisiana has to offer.
- Tanger Outlets
- Located immediately off of Interstate 10, Tanger Outlets offer a variety of shopping. Ample parking and easy access off the interstate make for a stress free shopping experience.